Model : OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)
Announced: 2020, April 14
Memory: 8GB RAM
How to Disable Call Record Notification on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon): A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you tired of the constant interruption when making important phone calls? Do you find it annoying to hear the repetitive warning message about your call being recorded? Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem – you can disable the ‘this call is now being recorded’ warning. By following a simple procedure, you can eliminate this unnecessary interruption and enjoy smoother conversations without any intrusive notifications. Keep reading to learn how to disable the warning message and regain control of your phone calls.
To disable the ‘this call is now being recorded’ warning, you first need to access the settings of your phone. Depending on the make and model of your device, the procedure may vary slightly. However, in most cases, you can locate the settings panel either in the main menu or on the home screen. Once you have found the settings, navigate to the phone or call settings section, where you can modify various call-related options.
Within the call settings, search for the option related to call recordings. This option may be labeled as ‘recordings,’ ‘call settings,’ or something similar. Once you have found it, click on it to access the relevant settings. In this section, you will likely see the option to enable or disable the ‘this call is now being recorded’ warning. Simply toggle the switch or uncheck the box to turn off the warning message.
By following these steps, you can successfully disable the ‘this call is now being recorded’ warning and enjoy uninterrupted phone conversations. Remember to check your device’s user manual or consult online resources if you encounter any difficulties while accessing the settings or locating the relevant options. Now, you can communicate more freely without any unnecessary interruptions during your important calls.
Gradual Approach to Turn Off Call Recording Announcement in OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)
Method 1: Disabling the Call Recording Announcement through Settings
If you own a OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon) smartphone and find the call recording announcement feature bothersome, you can easily disable it by following these steps:
1. Launch the Phone app: Locate the “Phone” icon on your OnePlus 8’s home screen or app drawer and tap on it to launch the Phone app.
2. Access Settings: Once the Phone app is open, tap on the three-dot menu icon located at the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings” to access the call settings.
3. Navigate to Call Recording settings: Within the Settings menu, scroll down or search for “Call recording” and tap on it to access the Call Recording settings.
4. Disable call recording announcement: In the Call Recording settings, you will find an option labeled “Announcement before recording.” Toggle this switch off to disable the call recording announcement feature.
Method 2: Using the OnePlus Call Settings Code
In addition to the settings menu, OnePlus provides a convenient code that allows you to access call settings directly. Follow these steps to disable the call recording announcement using this method:
1. Open the Phone Dialer: Locate the Phone Dialer icon on your OnePlus 8’s home screen or app drawer. Tap on it to open the Phone Dialer.
2. Dial the provided code: In the Phone Dialer, enter the code *#800# and press the call button. This will open the “OnePlus Diagnostic” menu.
3. Navigate to the Call Settings: In the OnePlus Diagnostic menu, tap on “OnePlus Logkit.” This will prompt you to provide your device’s log info.
4. Access Call Settings: Within the OnePlus Logkit menu, tap on “Function Switch” and then select “Call Settings.” This will allow you to adjust various call settings.
5. Disable the Call Recording Announcement: In the Call Settings menu, locate the “call_record_notification” option and tap on it. This will open a pop-up dialog box. From the dialog box, select “0” to disable the call recording announcement.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Dialer Apps
If the previous methods aren’t suitable for your needs, you can explore third-party dialer apps available on the Google Play Store. These apps often provide greater customization options, including the ability to disable call recording notifications. Here’s how to choose and use a third-party dialer app:
1. Visit the Google Play Store: Open the Google Play Store app on your OnePlus 8 and search for “third-party dialer” or “dialer app.”
2. Select an app: Browse through the available options and read their descriptions, reviews, and ratings. Choose an app that suits your preferences and needs.
3. Install the app: Tap on the desired dialer app and select “Install” to download and install it onto your device. Once the installation is complete, open the app.
4. Customize call recording settings: Within the app, navigate to its settings menu and look for call settings or call recording options. Disable the call recording announcement or any unwanted notifications according to the app’s interface.
By following these methods, you can easily disable the call recording announcement feature on your OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon) smartphone. Whether you prefer using the built-in settings, OnePlus diagnostic code, or a third-party dialer app, you’ll be able to enjoy your phone calls without interruptions from call recording announcements.
In-Depth Tutorial: Locating and Playing Call Recordings on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)
To find the exact location of call recordings on your OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon), you can follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Unlock your OnePlus 8 5G UW phone by entering your PIN, password, or using the fingerprint sensor.
2. From the home screen, swipe up from the bottom to access the app drawer.
3. Look for the “File Manager” app among your installed applications. The app may have a different name, such as “Files” or “File Explorer.” Tap on the app to open it.
4. Once the file manager is open, you will be presented with a list of folders and files on your phone.
5. You need to navigate to the specific folder where call recordings are saved. Typically, the location may vary depending on the app you use for call recording. Common folders where call recordings might be stored include:
– “Phone” or “Internal storage” folder
– “Call recordings” or “Recordings” folder
– “Voice” or “Voice recordings” folder
6. Tap on each folder, one by one, to explore their contents. Look for any files with recognizable names, such as the date or name of the caller, or files with recognizable file extensions like “.mp3” or “.amr.”
7. Once you locate the desired call recording file, you can either tap on it to play or share it, or you can long-press on it to access additional options like copying, moving, or deleting the file.
Note: The specific location of call recordings may vary based on the call recording app installed on your OnePlus 8 5G UW. If you are using a different call recording app, it is recommended to refer to the app’s settings or documentation to find the exact location of saved recordings.
1. Can I disable the call recording announcement feature on my OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
Yes, you can disable the call recording announcement feature on your OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon).
2. How do I disable call recording announcement on my OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
To disable the call recording announcement, go to the Phone app settings, tap on ‘Call recording,’ and toggle off the option for ‘Recording announcement.’
3. Will disabling call recording announcement affect my call recording functionality?
No, disabling the call recording announcement will not affect your call recording functionality. You can still record calls without the announcement notification.
4. Can I re-enable the call recording announcement on my OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
Yes, if you have disabled the call recording announcement, you can re-enable it by going to the Phone app settings, tapping on ‘Call recording,’ and toggling on the option for ‘Recording announcement.’
5. Where can I find the call recording settings on my OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
To find the call recording settings, open the Phone app, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner, select ‘Settings,’ and then choose ‘Call recording.’
6. How can I manually start a call recording on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
To manually start a call recording on your OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon), simply tap on the ‘Record’ button during an ongoing call. Ensure call recording is enabled in the settings.
7. Where are the call recordings saved on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
The call recordings on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon) are saved in the “Recorder” app. You can find them by opening the app and navigating to the “Call Recordings” section.
8. Can I access my call recordings from other devices?
Yes, if you have enabled synchronization in the Recorder app settings, you can access your call recordings from other devices as long as you are signed in with the same Google account.
9. How can I listen to my call recordings on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)?
To listen to your call recordings on OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon), open the “Recorder” app, go to the “Call Recordings” section, and tap on the recording you want to listen to.
10. Can I share my call recordings with others?
Yes, you can share your call recordings with others. In the “Recorder” app, select the recording you want to share, tap on the share icon, and choose the desired sharing method like email, messaging apps, or cloud storage.
In conclusion, there are several ways to stop call recording announcements on smartphones. First, disabling the call recording feature in the phone’s settings can prevent such announcements. Additionally, using third-party call recording applications or contacting the smartphone’s manufacturer for support can offer solutions. It is important to respect privacy laws and regulations when recording calls, ensuring that it is done with the consent of all parties involved.